Saturday 13 September 2014

Back in the pain cave with a little help from USN.

Hooray! Training seems to be back on track.
I am back in the familiar zone of the pain cave, the hard effort of a duathlon training schedule and can honestly say running and cycling never felt so good, especially in this late summer sun we've had here in the midlands. I am also back to participating in most of the ten classes per week (no aquafit for me ;-)) that I teach and back to eating us out of house and home.

I try to eat a healthy diet of fresh vegetables, chicken, fish, brown rice and fruit most days, however because some of my classes and sessions fall back to back I do feel the need to use protein shakes between some heavy sessions as real food is not always an option.

This week in between a 3 and a half hour hilly bike ride and teaching BodyPump I tried out USNs 100% Whey Protein premium., Banana flavour.  It has 24g of protein per 34g serving and can be used before or after exercise to help grow, maintain and repair lean muscle mass. It is just one product available from  USNs Core muscle range.
I used a USN shaker to blend the powder with 200ml of cold water.  The powder mixed quickly and easily and left no lumps. I did find the texture a little waxy, but maybe that was more to do with the banana flavour. (I love bananas, but not overly keen on banana flavoured things!) The product was thin and easy to swallow. It did not leave me bloated at all, some shakes imediately make me burpy!! but not this one. The product did not sit heavy in the stomach at all, I was able to get straight on with more exercise without flagging, feeling hungry, or having an uncomfortable bloating feeling.

Thats it for now, must get back on board the Pain Train, destination Pain Cave.

Here is a picture I took on one of my training sessions this week whilst running on the beautiful Malvern Hills. So nice to be back up there running.

No comments:

Post a Comment