Monday 4 August 2014

Back in the saddle


Hooray! 2 weeks post fall and the nurse gives me the all clear to try a little cycle.. Now, I hope she wasn't picturing me on a Raleigh shopper complete with basket and poodle trundling off to the shops! Road bike out, 50k ride done. Picked up a Strava QOM, fab. Job done. In all seriousness though I didn't push it. It was just great to be back in the saddle and out in the countryside again.

Back in the saddle Selfie, complete with my photobombing bike mechanic !
I'm still not quite over it, have 2 more visits to the nurse booked this week. The infection seems to have gone but the wound isn't healing. Probably because of the location of it, ie right across the elbow. This is why I'm not running or BodyPumping yet, the constant bending of the elbow. But, if I'm careful things can only get better.Worcester City run bike run in September is looking unlikely, but hopefully I should get enough training in for Oulton Park duathlon. Watch this space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment