Thursday 26 June 2014

Horst European sprint agegroup duathlon championships

I was so excited. I had nothing to lose and everything to gain. I had qualified, I was here and I was sooo looking forward to racing. As usual my partner had thoroughly cleaned and maintained my bike, he loves me :-) we stayed in a fab little apartment just away from the excitement of the event, so plenty of opportunity to keep my feet on the ground and try to stay composed! And plenty of time be properly race ready...
Race ready photo:
The course was very technical with Lots of turns, I learned a lot riding this course! Luckily we had recced both the run and bike courses a couple of days before so I knew what was coming! I loved the race and gave it everything I had on the day. I finished 5 th in my agegroup (45-49) and 3rd Brit, automatically qualifying me for next year!! Ecstatic ! Jacqui Phillips from the same county as me won the gold which she achieved with flying colours, good to see her on the podium, another GB duathlete, Kate Morris, stood next to her on the podium in silver medal position. Watching this I made a note to self... I want to be up there one day #workhard. What a great day. My partner drove us back to the apartment, windows open, blasting the tunes and singling loud in celebration and happiness! We drank champagne and enjoyed a slap up dinner for two. Good times. Tired, happy ..

No comments:

Post a Comment